Call for Abstracts
The IABSE Congress Ghent 2021 (September 22-24, 2021) will be hosted by the Belgian and Dutch Groups of IABSE in co-operation with Ghent University. The theme of the Congress is Structural Engineering for Future Societal Needs.
The Congress will address building and maintaining safe and reliable buildings and infrastructure while coping with the effects of climate change in a world with scarcer resources and satisfying the ambition to reduce mankind’s CO2 footprint to which the building industry and the structural engineering profession can substantially contribute. In the city of Ghent, Belgium, which adapted itself continuously to society’s needs since the late Middle Ages, structural engineering looks ahead.
The organisers invite the structural engineering community to share their experiences with their colleagues and friends and have unique open discussions and forums on engineering existing and new structures for future societal needs.
Anticipated Sub-themes are amongs others:
- Structural safety and reliability with respect to climate change
- Circularity, re-use and sustainability of structures
- Emission free building of structures.
Special sub-themes are:
- Enhancing resilience of civil infrastructure to hurricane and thunderstorm hazards under changing climate
- Structural bearings and anti-seismic devices: innovation, standards and testing requirements
- Towards extending the service life of existing concrete infrastructure through advanced assessment methods
Also more traditional sub-themes may be addressed, if the abstract and paper refer to the main conference theme. More information on this and how to to submit your abstract here »
Congress website: www.iabse.org/Ghent2021